Thursday, July 28, 2011

A time and place for pizza

Very quick post, as I'm just about to go away for a few days (see Elsewoman), so tonight seemed like the perfect time to have pizza. Julio will be delighted - last night he was practising with me how to say "It's a long time since I had pizza" (past tense) or "I haven't had pizza for a long time" (past perfect).  Fortunately we have a Mediterranean Warehouse pizza place nearby, and they really do make the best pizza in Wellington. He favours very traditional pizza which he calls Calabrese, but which sounds more like what I know as Margherita - very simple, with tomato, mozzarella and basil. Fast (we're going to hear the Sami Sisters later tonight), nothing to clear up (early start tomorrow), and makes a nice change for me from cooking. But we did have smoked salmon, bread and cream cheese jsut now - he thought he wouldn't like the smoked salmon, but one bite and he was won over. It's fun introducing people to new things.

No comments: